Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Onions for a lifetime.

They're not pretty, but they sure are tasty.

If you are a regular blog follower, you know our little family moved into a new home.  There is a lot of work to do, including adding a garden, fruit trees, berry bushes and the like.  The old owners liked plants, but didn't seem to care for edible plants, except onions.  We have wild onions for what feels like could be a lifetime.  Onions in the front yard, onions in the back yard, onions on the side of the home.  Strong onions, onions I cut standing out on the patio so I don't shed onion tears.  Yes, we're using onions, and boy are they local!

Happy 4th!!  
Celebrate your Independence this 4th of July as we did for "Food Independence Day" a couple years ago.  Here's our local menu from that celebration.  

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the great blogging! Lots of great information! Especially the links at the top.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the positive comment Richard. It's nice to have that feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the blog and more importantly, the links at the top of the page. Happy Eating!

      Delete
  2. As I've been reading I keep thinking I finally found someone like myself. I hate eating food I haven't gathered, grown, or hunted for myself. For one, you never know what's in it unless you've been there from start to finish.

    I have a Huge veggie garden that feeds our family of seven nearly all year. I just found this site today while trying to find somewhere I can get fresh milk. I subscribed almost immediately. It's so wonderful to find a place like this. I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes to take things back a few decades and do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO MUCH for your kind words and comment Kasey! I've sent you the list of the milk producers, so check your SPAM folder if you don't receive it. Impressive - feeding a family of seven with your own hands, I am for sure still figuring out how to do that but do enjoy the things we are able to grow/harvest for ourselves. Thanks for subscribing!

      Delete
  3. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. Local locksmith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. Stripchat Forum

    ReplyDelete