Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life will never be the same...

Clara Elizabeth - AKA "Claire"

Many of you know we have been awaiting our first baby, who arrive unexpectedly on Thursday, March 10th at 9 p.m. - our intuition told us she would be early and "it" would be a girl, and she is a sweet little girl who came five days early.  At birth she was 7# 9 oz and 19" long - a lot smaller than we expected considering I am 6'0" and Chris is 6'5"...but I'm sure she will grow quickly, especially on the wholesome, locally grown breast milk she gets daily!

My Gma Clara (left) celebrating her 91st birthday with her twin.

One day last February I told my grandmother, Clara, that Chris and I decided if we ever had a girl we planned to name her Clara, after this special woman who lived two miles from my parents and I all my life.  She laughed, along with my 93 year old grandfather.  That same night, she suddenly died from an unexpected stroke, so it was special that I got to share the news with her before she passed, without knowing it would be her last day on earth or that this special little girl would be born just over a year later.  Our daughter's middle name is Elizabeth, after Chris's grandmother.

Unfortunately, labor & delivery was a piece of cake compared to my recovery.  Lil' Ms. Claire gave me a fourth degree tear on the way out, and a possible surgery three months from now.  So, while I love local food and blogging, you may not hear from me as often while I am healing & figuring out this new life - but I hope to return fully soon!  So please, if you pray, pray for me, if you think positive thoughts, send them my way...I'm definitely needing all the help healing I can get right now.


7 comments:

  1. Clara is beautiful!!!! Congratulations!
    I hope all goes well and you recover quickly to enjoy your new life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, and lots of prayers, positive thoughts, and warm wishes coming your way. Take you time in healing...we will wait for you! ~terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful to name her after two special people in your lives. Congrats on your beautiful bundle of joy. I am your newest follower and a friend of Russell.

    Can't wait to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Terri for your prayers, thoughts and warm wishes...and for waiting...I hope to be back in full swing soon!

    Rachel - so happy to have you as a follower! Is it your back yard that Russell may visit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I'm technologically challenged, I've just now discovered how to post comments! So sorry its late, but congratulations on your beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too Sarajo...and many of the followers too I think - I get comments through email rather than on the blog often!! Thanks for sending your congrats, it's definitely a new life for us!

    ReplyDelete