Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Locavore Symposium at Dyck Arboretum of the Plains - March 19th


Have you heard about the Locavores on the Prairie Symposium?  Had I known this would be happening on March 19th, I would have planned the birth of my baby at a time other than mid-March!  (Ok, maybe not, but I'd love to attend this program.)

The Locavores on the Prairie Symposium is a day of presentations about eating locally in our area.  I find it incredibly interesting that throughout the day, the presentations are "generally ordered in the amount of energy that product requires for our consumption."  How creative!  There will be food samples and a local foods lunch made by a gourmet chef.  If you attend, raffles for local foods gift baskets will give you a chance to take home some locally produced items.

For more information and a schedule of topics, check out the Locavores on the Prairie Symposium website.

No comments:

Post a Comment