Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Fabulous Wichita Organic Garden Club

I love a good pot-luck.

Tonight this pregnant gal ate well, really well.  Chris and I attended the Wichita Organic Garden Club's annual picnic.  Not only did we eat outstanding food, but the view of a member's garden gave us visions of the possibilities for our own backyard.  Beautiful and healthy...what a combination!

The Organic Garden Club is made up of interesting and incredibly knowledgeable individuals who are (almost all) passionate about gardening.  I say "almost all", because precious Sylvia, the club president's wife, does not garden.  Tonight I asked her how to recognize a ripe sweet pumpkin, which was part of the dish she prepared.  She replied, "I don't know, they just show up in my kitchen."  So, I encourage you to attend a garden club meeting sometime, whether you like to garden, or just like to eat the organic produce you find at the farmers' market.  You'll meet wonderful people and hear about interesting topics related to growing produce using organic methods.  Monthly meetings are free and open to the public.

If you're interested in getting connected, visit the Wichita Organic Garden Club website and contact Mel, the president.  (Mel would be able to tell me how to pick a ripe sweet pumpkin!)  Or, send me an email and I'll get you linked into the group. 

1 comment:

  1. Master Framing are the experts in framing in Sydney.
    We specialize in memorabilia framing, custom picture framing, canvas stretching and photo mounting.
    We have grown into one of the most competitive picture framers in New South Wales,
    offering a large range of picture frames and picture framing services.

    cheap framing sydney

    ReplyDelete