Thank goodness there are other places to get peaches this year, even though I am horribly disappointed and a little freaked out about the recent disappearance in our backyard.
*Hobbs Heritage will be selling peaches at the Kansas Grown Farmers' Market.
*Local U-pick farms that feature peaches (and some even do pre-picked):
- Triple R Orchard, 7570 N. 159th St. Ct. E, Benton, KS 67017, (316) 992-4080
- Steffen Orchard, 1345 West 90th Ave. N, Conway Springs, KS 67031, (620) 456-2706
- Sargeant Berry Farm, 9836 S. Hydraulic, Haysville, 316-788-1370
- Entz Orchard, 8604 S. Webb Rd, Newton, KS 67114, (316) 799-2515
- Regier Orchard, 12249 NW Meadowlark Rd, Whitewater, KS 67154, (316) 799-2025
Chicken Update: An opossum was in our trap this a.m., but, it looks bigger than the one I remember. Surely it couldn't have grown that much in a week! The hunt is still on, but the good news is the chickens are going into the house on their own at night again. However, that doesn't mean they're sleeping in the nesting box yet. Nope - eyes toward the door, that's the sleeping stance now. Poor chickens!