Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tasty Inspiration!!

Today's post won't have a lot of words, but it will have a lot of inspiration!  I wanted to share a few of the meals Chris and I enjoyed so far this season, and the local ingredients in them.  My mouth waters remembering them.  You can find contact information for each of the farms on the Wichita Area Local Producers List.


The fresh asparagus from Chautauqua Hills Farm this year was amazing.  My Personal Chef (yes, hubby) said he'd never had asparagus so sweet and fresh - it was yummy!



Chicken Salad made with chicken from Unruh Pastured Poultry and fresh spinach picked 13 feet from our back door.  Gotta love that!



Pan-fried beef cutlet from beef we got from my Uncle Gene over Asian mustard greens from our garden.  (Have I said I love being married to a chef?!)  Mouth watering.


And today...ice cream...made from local milk.  I'll share the details with you in my next post...oh, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment